Maintain cleanliness and proper sanitation: Regularly clean your home, paying special attention to the kitchen and dining areas. Wipe down countertops, sweep and mop floors, and promptly clean up any spills or food crumbs. Ensure that food items are stored in airtight containers and avoid leaving dirty dishes in the sink overnight. Taking out the trash regularly and using garbage cans with tightly fitting lids can also help keep cockroaches at bay.
Seal entry points and eliminate hiding spots: Cockroaches can enter your home through small cracks and gaps in the walls, doors, windows, and other openings. Inspect your home for any such potential entry points and seal them using caulk or weather stripping. Additionally, remove clutter and keep storage areas organized to minimize hiding spots for cockroaches. This includes properly storing items in basements, attics, and garages, as well as keeping the areas under sinks and appliances clean and tidy.
Address moisture issues: Cockroaches are attracted to damp and humid environments. Fix any leaking pipes or faucets in your home and use dehumidifiers or fans to maintain adequate ventilation, especially in basements, bathrooms, and kitchens. Regularly clean and dry areas prone to moisture buildup, such as sinks, bathtubs, and showers, to make your home less hospitable to cockroaches.
Cockroach Treatment Preparation Sheet (Residential)
In cockroach control, sanitation is essential. The following steps must be taken before we will perform a cockroach treatment.
Items That Must Be Completed Prior To Our Arrival:
- Clean kitchen thoroughly, including floor, stove, range hood, and countertops. Clean inside and outside of dishwasher. Pull out refrigerator, stove, etc. and clean behind and underneath. All cleaning should be done before, not after treatment, Turn off Smoke Alarms.
- Everything should be removed from kitchen cupboards, above and below the sink, drawers and countertops should be cleaned. Wash cupboards inside and out, wipe out drawers with damp rag, clean sink and countertops well. Items may be placed on the kitchen table or on a couch or chair and should be covered with newspaper or a sheet.
- Bathroom cabinets and under sink should be cleaned. Wash cabinets inside and out, wipe out drawers with damp rag, clean sink, tub, inside and outside of toilet and scrub bathroom floor.
- Pick up and remove trash inside and outside.
- Vacuum all carpets.
- Clothes hanging in closets should be removed and placed on beds. Shoes and other items on closet floors should be removed. Clean closet shelves. Furniture and other items should be moved out at least 2 feet from walls.
- Pets should be removed from inside. Fish tanks should be covered or removed. If fish tanks are covered, the air pump should be shut off.
- Children's toys and pet food dishes and exposed food should be placed in a protected area.
- If you are ill or pregnant or if you or any member of your household has sensitivity to chemical odors or other odors, Whitworth Pest Solutions, Inc. recommends that you contact us for product information and consult with your physician prior to the treatment.
After Our Treatment Is Complete:
- Do not re-enter the premises for at least 4 hours unless specified otherwise. If you have medical problems or are sensitive to odors, it may be advisable to stay out longer. Consult your physician.
- Immediately upon re-entering the treated premises, open windows and doors to air thoroughly.
- Thoroughly wash (with soap and water)all exposed eating surfaces (including table and counter tops) and any exposed dishes or silverware. Do not wash any treated surfaces such as baseboards.
- In roach control, sanitation is essential. Do not leave empty milk or beverage bottles inside. Keep areas under and behind stoves and refrigerators clean. Do not allow food and garbage to accumulate in areas where roaches feed or hide. Pet food should be stored in sealed containers.
- It is normal to see roaches for several days after the treatment. It may take several days for roaches hiding in inaccessible areas to contact treated surfaces.
Don't let cockroaches take over your home in Medicine Hat. Trust On Guard Pest Control to protect your family and property from these unwelcome intruders. To schedule an inspection or to learn more about their services, visit their website or give them a call. With On Guard Pest Control on your side, you can enjoy a pest-free home and the peace of mind that comes with it.